Dubai Zoo  » Travel  »
Dubai
  • But the thing that impressed me a lot was 'the way the cages were arranged'
  • A brown Bear was another interesting animal I found in this Zoo

• by krishnakomali
      We caught a No 8 bus from Gold souk bus stop and it took nearly 30 minutes for us to reach Dubai Zoo, located at Jumeira,Dubai. This Zoo is very small when compared to Zoos I find in India. But the thing that impressed me a lot was ‘the way the cages were arranged’. They were arranged in a such an order that you can cover all the cages without missing any cage. Osctrich, an extraordinary bird walking elegantly in its cage was very attractive at the entrance. I Have seen large and medium sized Osctriches , running freely in their own cages. The cranes with pink legs and half-pink feathers are another attraction of the Zoo.

Apart from green parrots, there is a good collection of red,Grey and white parrots. I have seen children wondering about the various colors of parrots. It

was really wonderful to see a grey parrot with black tongue. In India, I have seen many green parrots with red tongue. But never seen this gray parrot. I have also seen a very big vulture sitting on a long wooden tree peak There are also couple of sparrows,eagles flying from one place to the other in the cages allotted for them.

And on the corner of the Zoo, you can find long necked animal ,Ziraffi. They are really very tall and they were walking in such an elegant manner that t thought some Fashion parade of Ziraffis was going on. There is also a lioness and lion in a very big cage. I was afraid when I heard lioness roaring at the visitors. You can also find Tigers and Cheeta in separate cages. A brown Bear was another interesting animal I found in this Zoo.

It was ...

• very stout and with brown bushy hair all over the body. They said that it has been escaped from the circus company and entered in to city. It was caught and kept in Zoo by Zoo staff and local police. The reptiles like Crocodile, Big lizard and snakes also there. Especially, the thread snake with white color attracted visitors. Really, it was almost like a very thin white thread.

It was taking rest in a small glass bottle filled with water. Another interesting reptiles I found were Pythons. Yellow Python was the special attraction among them. There are also long and very big Pythons brought from India. And you can also find rat snakes and snakes living in U. A.

E ’s desert area. When I saw a big crowd watching at cage, I too joined the crowd and observed many monkeys doing gymnastics. They were doing

many funny things like jumping from one branch to the other and playing with a long rope. They were very interesting with their red tails. Gorilla was centre of attraction to the Zoo, I say. It was looking almost like a man wearing black woolen coat ,It was very big with long hands,legs,mouth.

It was eating food offered by the Zoo staff. It took almost 2 and half hours to visit entire Zoo. Important points to note: . The Behaviour of animals revealed that they are healthy. . Cages were built taking safety and security of the visitors into consideration.

. Baby strollers are allowed inside the zoo. . Camcoders and cameras are also allowed. . Refreshments are available inside the Zoo .

Zoo is opened from morning 10 to evening 5:30 . Tuesday is a holiday . Jumerah beach is a 10 minute walk from the Zoo. So you can enjoy the seashore as well.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2005. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3871222740731/k2311a127/12.7.05