Julie Johnson (NR, 2001) movie  » Movies  »
2.5
  • And I have to admit that I didn't see that one coming
  • I wanted so much to like the film, and found that I kept looking for more

• by Famous

I rented this because I am a huge Lili Taylor fan. She has something that other actresses don’t have which is guts. She’s not conventionally pretty, but always manages to look so in her films.

At any rate, this story is about a housewife who removes herself from underneath

the thumb of her abusive husband. She decides to use her incredible mathematical skills to secure a scholarship to college.

Along the way, she encourages her best friend Claire (played by Courtney Love)to improve her life as well. Claire decides to leave her husband and comes to stay with ...

• Julie (Taylor).

The two engage in a lesbian love affair. And I have to admit that I didn’t see that one coming.

Seeing these two get mushy was weird. I’ve watched gay and lesbian films before.

But somehow this storyline just seemed out of place. I

wanted so much to like the film, and found that I kept looking for more.

But there was no more. In fact, the movie seemed quite incomplete.

This film could have been so much better. There was some really good acting.

It just seemed like something was missing.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 111110227360731/k2311a1011/10.11.07