Cafe at City Market Savannah  » Restaurants  »
Savannah, GA
  • But it's definitely a place that I would frequent if I stayed in Savannah for longer than a weekend

• by Famous

My mother and I took a weekend trip to Savannah, and stopped off in the Cafe at City Market for a late dinner. The restaurant sits in the middle of the City Market district and is quite trendy looking. I gather that the “theme” revolves around retro oldies because there is

a statue of Marilyn Monroe outside, and a life-sized cardboard cutout of Elvis on the interior.

Furthermore, the decor is decked out like a cozy beatnik-y cafe. The waitstaff didn’t seem particularly attentive at first.

But the service was generally decent. I was also surprised that the menu didn’t ...

• hold more delectable delights.

Mostly sandwiches and a couple of seafood favorites, but nothing outstanding. My mom ordered soup and a salad; I ordered a chicken entree with pasta.

I was actually quite pleased with the taste of my entree. It was cooked perfectly.

But to my chagrin, there were

not many vegetables on the plate. Other than that, the cocktails were tasty and the prices reasonable.

I rather liked the place. I suppose I was expecting something a little different.

But it’s definitely a place that I would frequent if I stayed in Savannah for longer than a weekend.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 71110227340731/k2311a1011/10.11.07