Amsterdam Red-Light District  » Travel  »
0.5
Amsterdam, Netherlands - Europe
  • This review ain't going to be nice and I don't recommend coming to this part of the city at all
  • It is just a place that I would say I stumbled upon and did not like it one bit and would live to tell everyone that I know about the unimaginable, dirty things that I saw
  • I noticed that the girls will go all out and step down from their place to coax customers to get into their nest

• by deadpoet

I have been to Amsterdam before with my boyfriend and we were in the better part of the city when we stumbled on a wrong turn upon the Red-Light District. I was really regretting after that turn but we continued walking at first, not knowing what was it. This review ain’t going to be nice and I don’t recommend coming to this part of the city at all. It is just a place that I would say I stumbled upon and did not like it one bit and would live to tell everyone that I know about the unimaginable, dirty things that I saw.

Alright, when one talks about Red-Light District, it has never been about a nice place, I know. So, if you do come to this place, be prepared with what you are going to encounter.

The street was bathed in a pinkish light and coming from the buildings from all sides. There were lots of crazy sex shows going on as I was passing by and it was a quite disturbed and scary moment, seeming that I was with my boyfriend alone.

The advertisements were in different languages and there were shops that sell just about any bad kinky stuffs that you could imagine. I shall spare the details, for the sake of children reading my reviews. (should it be). There were women everywhere trying to get the males attention, and that included my boyfriend’s. I tugged my boyfriend close, and these women had themselves painted in really thick make-up and trying to sell themselves for the night or for the day, whatever.

I saw lots of half-naked women everywhere and they ...

• looked so natural like they were born in the world to do “just that”, if you know what I mean. That sort of freaked me out but it was no help knowing that prostitution is legal in the Netherlands. Now, that is something weird and scary. This Red-Light District, or in short RLD sort of extends for until several blocks and alleys. My boyfriend was also freaked out. He was surprised as to the massive amount of prostitution bargaining going on. Now, the sell and buy style. I guess it really shocked him to bits. There were girls standing nearby the windows and flashing their fronts to passers-by interested for them. This place is either for those loving the sins going on or those hating it totally. I noticed that the girls
        will go all out and step down from their place to coax customers to get into their “nest”. I saw one customer agreeing to it and following this particular prostitute right up to her room. I didn\’t see him in the room, but I knew the destination that he was heading to.

But I wouldn’t say that everyone caught spotted in Red-Light District are going to get a girl, if you know what I mean. I saw a family even just walking through and smiling; talking to themselves. Well, it is indeed a weird tour and I don’t see myself being in that area again, no matter how legal prostitution is in Amsterdam. I am lucky and thankful that my boyfriend is not that sort to visit these kinds of places and having a knack at it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 381110226820631/k2311a1011/10.11.07