Shaw Digital Cable Service
  • Shaw issued us several cable receivers and the problem could not be corrected
  • I would not recommend Shaw cable to anyone if it's avoidable

• by Becky McDonald

We’ve been using Shaw Digital Cable service for a bout a year now, and we just switched to Telus, for several reasons.

We were unhappy with Shaw for quite some time, but the company we rent from doesn’t allow sattelite, so that left us with no options for cable service until Telus came along.

From the very beginning, we had issues with Shaw. Several of our channels would become pixelated and the image would freeze or become choppy.

Shaw issued us several cable receivers and the problem could not be corrected. So, finally, we lowered our package to the bare minimums, only allowed us access to Video on Demand and Pay-per-view. We expected this would drop our bill about $50 or more a month. It was less than $20, because all of a sudden we had to pay the monthly fee for our box. Great.

So after all of this, I finally decided I ...

• hated Shaw and was about to cancel all cable service and go back to watching movies when Telus showed up to save the day.

I really dislike Shaw’s service. The Customer Service Reps are not very friendly, they aren’t well trained. The technicians they send out are destructive and rude, as well are hardly trained. The last one they sent, my boyfriend ended up having to install the box. On top of that, they leave no

room for compensating customers for issues with the service. I was really upset that they did not warn me that the area I live in is not wired properly for digital cable. I felt like I was being duped into paying for service that they knew wouldn’t work properly off the get-go.

I would not recommend Shaw cable to anyone if it’s avoidable. Sometimes, though, we’re left with no options. I hope more cable companies pop up soon!

Ni says :

Hello. I`m going to move out, so I don`t need the Internet shaw cable service any more. How can I cancel it?

sagar says :

Shaw cable billing service is worst and waiting period is approx 45-60 min to talked to a tech or customer service rep.

Robert Loggie says :

Why does shaw tv always show the rain icon on their weather forecast even if there sonly 10% chance of rain, don’t you have a sun icon or you just don’t like tourism?

Lilly says :

That’s also something I cant understand, and from all opinions on the site and from people I know, seems like Shaw TV is just terrible.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 101110226560631/k2311a1011/10.11.07