Telus Digital Cable  » TV  »
  • I love the fact that there is no wait time when moving pages
  • All of our local channels are included, but any extras (like TBS or Spike) cost extra
  • Overall, I'm pretty impressed with Telus's service

• by Becky McDonald

After using Shaw Digital Cable for the past year, we were offered a great rate to switch to Telus Digital Cable. Seeing as our phone, long distance and internet are already contracted onto Telus for another three years, we decided to add the Digital Cable package as well.

So far, I really like it. When surfing the channels, we can still watch and hear what is going on in the program we’re currently watching. We

can also preview each and every program on our subscribed channels. I love the fact that there is no wait time when moving pages. The Video on Demand service is great as well, offering tonnes of movies in several different categories.

Right now, we’re currently on a promotional offer, giving us access to all channels for free for three months. We also have $60 in Video on Demand credit, as well as pay per ...

• view credit. It’s a great deal.

There are a few drawbacks, however. For one, the channels differ between Shaw and Telus, making things a little difficult for us as we have to memorize the channels all over again. I really don’t like the fact that the cable is run through our internet connection as it slows us down considerably.

While Telus’s monthly fee for basic cable service is much cheaper than Shaw’s, there are also

fewer channels included. All of our local channels are included, but any extras (like TBS or Spike) cost extra.

Overall, I’m pretty impressed with Telus’s service. I’ve lost my connection once, and within 10 minutes they were calling me and asking what was going on. They contacted me! WOW! I’m not regretting switching at all, as even once we being paying and select our packages, it’ll still cost less than Shaw. And we get a cool Wee-mote.

rudy engels says :

how much and is it in aldergrove

Tana cloutier says :

If I want to change from Shaw to Telus do I 1 - have to buy one of your PVR`s 2 - have to also change over my internet Tana Cloutier

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 101110226550631/k2311a1011/10.11.07