Gerber baby bottles
  • Generally, however, I love these bottles and the cost and difficulty in finding them will not deter me from using them for my daughter

• by Becky McDonald

My daughter proved to us very fast that she is a fussy one about her bottles. We have tried just about every band, flow speed, style there is, and finally we bought the “Gerber” brand baby bottles. She won’t use anything but those now.

Gerber bottles come in 3 flow speeds - slow flow, for young baby, medium flow for about 3-6 months and fast flow for older babies. My daughter is a gulper, she likes to have a constant flow of formula with little sucking on her part. We usually buy her fast flow nipples.

I

love these bottles for her. They are extremely easy to clean, having a large opening. The nipples are large enough that milk doesn’t tend to get stuck in there, and also large enough that there is no requirement for a second brush! Yay! They’re also great because once it is time for the bottle to be replaced, the nipple becomes foggy instead of clear. I love this feature.

They are some of the largest bottles I’ve found, able to hold up to 250mL (9oz). The triangular shape makes it easy for baby to learn how to hold ...

• her bottle on her own. Within two weeks of starting with these bottles, my daughter learned she could hold them by herself. Now she won’t let us hold it for her! It’s great.

They are also colic reducers. If you’re baby sucks in a lot of air or has colic, these bottles help with ensuring the baby gets minimal air as they drink.

However, I don’t like the price. A box of three bottles costs around $15. It’s pretty pricy, but they are a little more durable than the Nuby brand bottles. I can put the bottle and

nipple in the dishwasher on a hot setting, and they come out perfectly clean, whereas some other brands melt in the heat of the dishwasher.

I also don’t like the fact that you cannot buy replacement nipples. You have to buy whole new bottles. It’s not very cost effective. They are also rather difficult to find, sometimes having to be ordered from Gerber’s website.

Generally, however, I love these bottles and the cost and difficulty in finding them will not deter me from using them for my daughter. Should we have another child, we’ll be sticking with this brand.

Kim Davis says :

Gerber baby bottles are a life saver , my son would only drink out of a specific type of nipple and Hes definitely a Gerber baby

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 54910226020231/k2311a109/10.9.07