Blistex  » Cosmetics  »
  • The balm is not overly thick and it's rather quick absorbing, a feature I really love
  • Sometimes a single stick of balm can cost about $3, opposed to some lesser known brands that cost about $1
  • Overall, I recommend Blistex Lip Balm to anyone who lives in a cold, windy, dry climate (like the Canadian Prairies) to protect and soothe the lips

• by Becky McDonald

Living a rather cold, dry climate, winter time can wreak havoc on a girl’s lips. That’s why I buy Blistex chap stick.

I love Blistex brand products. Immediately upon applying the product, you can feel it at work. A slighty tingling sensation tells me that the product is working well. Unlike some of the cheaper brands,

blistex comes in several flavours and is aimed at all-year round protection, boasting SPF 15 protection against the sun, and leaving a layer on the lips for protection against wind.

The balm is not overly thick and it’s rather quick absorbing, a feature I really love. And, with only a few applications, any chapped lips are quickly healed! It’s also great that they offer several flavours - mint, cherry, non-flavoured and many others.

The downfall of Blistex brands though, is the price. Sometimes a single stick of balm can cost about $3, opposed to some lesser known brands that cost about $1. But you gotta pay for quality!

Some people really don’t ...

• Blistex
      like the tingling sensation that comes with applying the balm, but I personally enjoy it. It tells me that the product is at work, and I’m getting my money’s worth.

Blistex products also last a long time because you don’t have to use them constantly. I’ve had the same single stick of lip balm for over

a year and there’s still lots left to it. It’s more likely that it’ll get lost before it runs out, so it kinda of evens out the price factor.

Overall, I recommend Blistex Lip Balm to anyone who lives in a cold, windy, dry climate (like the Canadian Prairies) to protect and soothe the lips.

Shayna Resnick says :

re : Overall, I recommend Blistex Lip Balm to anyone who lives in a cold, windy, dry climate (like the Canadian Prairies) to protect and soothe the lips
It’s great for dry or chapped lips

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 31910226000131/k2311a109/10.9.07