Pampers
0.5
  • Having our first child has been quite the experience, especially when it came down to choosing what brand of diapers to use
  • We were convinced that the most expensive must be the best and foolishly bought Pampers right away
  • Our daughter was only days old, and we were using newborn size Pampers diapers
  • The problem was that the Pamper's diapers hold a certain deodorizer that is supposed to keep the smell down after changing a dirty bum
  • I think it's dangerous and irresponsible of the company not to warn their consumers that they have chemicals in the diaper

• by Becky McDonald

Having our first child has been quite the experience, especially when it came down to choosing what brand of diapers to use. We were convinced that the most expensive must be the best and foolishly bought Pampers right away.

Our daughter was only days old, and we were using newborn size Pampers diapers. The price was outrageous, leaving us pretty strapped for cash constantly. On top of the price, we

found that the Pampers brand leaked a lot, and came undone from nothing!

After this, we found my daughter had developed a severe rash, which worried us. We were changing her frequently, not adding anything with scents or chemicals and it just kept getting worse. Finally, at the advice of my mother, we switched her over to “Teddy’s Choice” diapers.

The problem was that the Pamper’s diapers hold a certain ...

• deodorizer that is supposed to keep the smell down after changing a dirty bum. But, they don’t warn the consumers that a child could develop a skin irritation to it.

For this reason, I hate Pampers brand diapers and refuse to ever use them again. My daughter ended up with open sores all over her diaper area and it cost almost $200 in prescriptions to get it cleared up.

Since we switched brands, she had not had another rash and she’s 8 months old now.

I would not recommend Pampers to anyone for this fact. I think it’s dangerous and irresponsible of the company not to warn their consumers that they have chemicals in the diaper. Teddy’s Choice are cheaper, you get more for your money, and they are safe! No chemicals, no deodorizers, nothing! Just plain old diaper there.

Pampers

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 54910225960131/k2311a109/10.9.07