Shiba Park Hotel Tokyo
Tokyo, Japan
  • This hotel is in a good location and I noticed a lot of eateries and restaurants nearby the hotel and also for the fact that the hotel is located nearby a subway station
  • The best part about this hotel would be the good buffet breakfast and also the old-fashioned and traditional hotel style
  • It could appear to be a boring hotel for those wanting a more modern and a sleek, contemporary look
  • Apart from that, the rooms looked kind of a bit dark and dingy at times, but for a privacy setting, I think it really scored points in that
  • Every morning when we were there, my boyfriend and I did not fail to have breakfast buffet in the hotel because the taste was really awesome and truly delicious

• by deadpoet

Tokyo, Japan is a very nice place to visit and one nice memorable hotel stay that I had was in Shiba Park Hotel. This hotel is in a good location and I noticed a lot of eateries and restaurants nearby the hotel and also for the fact that the hotel is located nearby a subway station. That is good for easy-minded travelers like me who loves exploring so much.

I went with my boyfriend on a 5 days journey to Tokyo and one of our hotel stay was at this particular hotel. The best part about this hotel would be the good buffet breakfast and also the old-fashioned and traditional hotel style. It could appear to be a boring hotel for those wanting a more modern and a sleek, contemporary look. But I was more than enough

with what was in store for us at the time.

However, there was some cons to staying in this hotel, but it did not override my good feelings about the hotel in general. There are no non-smoking rooms in this hotel and I was also surprised to find that there were no thermostat in the rooms as well. Apart from that, the rooms looked kind of a bit dark and dingy at times, but for a privacy setting, I think it really scored points in that.

The hotel is located near a quiet and nice residential area and my boyfriend and I just love walking through the streets of Tokyo and exploring Japanese fashion in general and also the eateries nearby. We bought a lot of take-aways from outside and when we came back to the hotel, the ...

• staff did not give us weird stares. In fact, they smiled and bowed at us and giving some warm greetings.

We also saw some convenience stores in our “exploring” and also reached this major bus terminal which was located near to the World Trade Centre Building. Other main attractions would be the Tokyo Tower and also the Daimon Subway Station. I was amazed at how safe it was to be exploring the streets of Tokyo even at night. The hotel was heavily secured which was good and each time we reached the hotel lobby like late at night, we needed to show our access keys which I think was a good added security.

As for the people that frequent the hotel, I noticed some Japanese businessmen and also some Americans as well. The weather at that

time in Tokyo was pretty cold and when I tried to adjust the temperature of the room (thermostat), it failed and in the end, I ended up requesting for an extra comforter. Every morning when we were there, my boyfriend and I did not fail to have breakfast buffet in the hotel because the taste was really awesome and truly delicious. The breakfast set included some nice scrambled and boiled eggs, apricots, dried prunes and even bran and corn flakes. The breakfast appeared to be very Westernized to me and it was nice to be able to eat corn flakes in somewhere in Tokyo.

I really find that the hotel seems to be with pretty modest and basic facilities, but some people might forgo it for something upscale and modern. I find it alright and give it a review of 7.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2610225180931/k2311a106/10.6.07