NTUC Income Car-Sharing  » Car rental  »
Singapore
  • I find that this car-sharing facility very useful for me, since I have had the best experiences to try out different car designs and all payments would be debited by GIRO
  • As for me, I am not of a maximum user, since I just want the experience of this car-sharing facility and its flexibility
  • For those heavy users, I recommend a usage of $55 per month, which enables one to use the cars during the entire month flexibly
  • After that, I am free to use the car for whenever I like, but upon a day's booking or so
  • Consider someone using a car for 30 days, and exceeding say, up to around $90 per day

• by deadpoet

I would like to review NTUC Income Car-Sharing, which could be gotten in mainly Singapore. I am not sure about car-sharing in other countries but so far, this NTUC Car-Sharing in Singapore works well for me. For normal car-sharing concepts, the idea would be to pay a frontal sum or also called a one-time payment and then you could use the car as and when. As for this car-sharing facility that I have recently joined and been using about a few months now, I would say that the returns are pretty good. The customer service are only 24 hours all the time and you can report accidents and stuff like that immediately and the customer service would advice on the spot.

Fortunately, I do not have such encounters but this was what I was told by the customer service and they said that I could report for any mishaps on the spot and they would advice accordingly. Those eligible for this car-sharing facility would be those above

21 years of age and has hold his/her licence for more than 2 years. I find that this car-sharing facility very useful for me, since I have had the best experiences to try out different car designs and all payments would be debited by GIRO. GIRO is an electronic means of payment and you just have to give your account number and the relevant department would deduct payment from your account per month. As for me, I am not of a maximum user, since I just want the experience of this car-sharing facility and its flexibility. For those heavy users, I recommend a usage of $55 per month, which enables one to use the cars during the entire month flexibly. However, make sure that per day usage does not exceed $55. If not, the company would charge per kilometer of a few cents each, if I am not mistaken.

For light users like me, I just have to make a one-time payment and an annual fee.

• After that, I am free to use the car for whenever I like, but upon a day’s booking or so. Usually, a booking on an immediate usage is available to me and the car is charged on a per hour\’s usage. Usually, the first hour is around $11 and the subsequent hour, around $9 each time. But I wouldn’t recommend this plan for those using the cars on a regular basis, since the charges could be a bit on the expensive side. But since I am on this topic, I would like to review the difference between choosing a car-sharing facility compared to a vehicle rental company. The differences aren’t many. For instance, in Singapore a normal vehicle rental company would charge around $50-$55 for an average 2nd hand car and for a month’s rental, most companies would charge around $800-$1000. If I would count on the $55 per month on NTUC Income Car-Sharing fees, it would amount to the same.

A

heavy user, who is using this option would have to top up around the same per month. Consider someone using a car for 30 days, and exceeding say, up to around $90 per day. $90-$55 would equal to $35 and if you multiply this amount to 30 days, it would equal to the amount of $1050. This, to me is not much difference to say a vehicle rental company that charges around $1000 per month. The only difference is that when I use NTUC Income Car-Sharing on a pay per use basis, as a member I am given a card that charges fuel to it. And that fuel charges would be debited from the company’s account. But it really comes to the same, if you think of it.

So, if you ask me personally, I wouldn’t make a preference of any. I would use any method that is to the right advantage to my usage. I give NTUC Income Car-Sharing a 6.

Sorry, there are no related reviews at moment
    The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3610225130931/k2311a106/10.6.07