Comino Malta  » Travel  »
Malta, Europe
  • But I was a bit disappointed that there were no shops nor cafes on the island and my boyfriend laughed at my stupidity
  • There were lots of low-rise and casual hotels that I love seeing
  • My boyfriend truly wanted to experience a true island ride and he really bought me into the idea of getting the boat ride as I have mentioned, which had some scorching hot weather above us

• by deadpoet

Comino personally to me is like a desert island. And a beautiful one at that. I have the luxurious time ever visiting this place which is located in Malta, together with my boyfriend. We were very happy to get away from our busy schedules and just enjoying ourselves. I felt like a true celebrity on a holiday vacation when I was there. Comino really would give one that kind of nice feeling.

This is part of the island in the Mediterranean. We love Malta so much and to reach Comino, a tiny island, one needs to take a boat trip over to Malta’s next sibling, which is Gozo Island. As for Comino, it is only around one square mile in size and sort of a half-way between Malta and sister island, Gozo. Bear in mind that

there are no luxurious feats in Comino and what I meant when I said luxurious in the beginning was the fact that I could have a truly relaxing mind, just with my boyfriend.

Both of us love traveling so much and we make it a point to escape once in a while, if not too often. We only managed to spend a day there and considering it to be on a desert island, the weather was scorchingly hot and there was nowhere that I could get any shade at all. After the trip, my boyfriend and I really grew a healthy tan and we were laughing about it. When things got too hot in the island, we just hide in our shade-spot sanctuary, which was the boat and under the canopy.

We were told to bring packed lunches but there ...

• were drinks available on our boat. But I was a bit disappointed that there were no shops nor cafes on the island and my boyfriend laughed at my stupidity. He told me that what had I expected then? A duty-free shopping paradise? Hmmmmm.

We then went to check in to our hotel accommodation which was a 4-star hotel. There were lots of low-rise and casual hotels that I love seeing. The only shopping that I managed to do would be the boutique hotel that I stayed at and the fact that there were some sandy bays around as well.

Actually, you could either opt for a boat ride or a ferry ride. My boyfriend truly wanted to experience a true island ride and he really bought me into the idea of getting the boat ride as

I have mentioned, which had some scorching hot weather above us. But I didn’t mind that for one bit and luckily for us, the trip worked pretty well for us and had us smiling the whole way through.

Don’t panic if you think that this remote island has no form of medical attention. For that fact, I did ask the hotel staff and was told that there was a hospital in the island. Pretty cool, huh? The main activity that we did there were constant reading, getting more tan, and my boyfriend went for the scuba diving which he said was a total new experience. I just looked through and took some pictures after he had finished his diving activity.

This is a perfect escape from it all. I recommend this island visit. Enjoy the walks and the swim.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 38610225110931/k2311a106/10.6.07