Timex 1440 Sports Watch
  • In summary, I like this watch in certain situations for its utility, but I would not use it as an every day watch

• by booklover

The Timex 1440 Sports Watch is a standard digital sports watch. It has just the usual features that you would expect, the ones that have existed on digital watches since the beginning. These include an alarm, hourly chime, stop watch and 24 hour optional display. Minor additional features include 1 different time

zone setting and a day of the week indicator.

The watch is fairly rugged with a scratch resistant face. The Indiglo lighting system that Timex has used for many years is very effective for night time viewing. My version is a standard silver and black, with a black fabric wrist strap that has a ...

• velcro closure.

I find this watch useful for athletics. It was fairly cheap, so I’m not worried about damage. It is solid enough to take a licking, and the fact that there is no metal on the strap prevents it from digging into my arm. The cloth strap is comfortable even when it

gets damp from sweat - especially in relation to leather.

The watch is not stylish in the least, and I find the layout of the face to be too busy and slightly annoying. In summary, I like this watch in certain situations for its utility, but I would not use it as an every day watch.

Leonie Furlong says :

Hi, I have a Timex 1440 and the strap is broke is it possible to get a new one and if so where in the south of Ireland would do this as I have tried a few places. Thanks, L

anne lei says :

When my strap was broken, I had it replaced by a watch repairman. If you really wanted the Timex strap, you can check the store where you brought it and they will replace it.

Linda says :

how do i turn off the hourly chime?

dan says :

You go to the alarm and press the start stop once until the ch icon at the buottom disappears then the hourly chime will stop.

Tracy says :

My trip function TR will not go up past 23 minutes. How do I reset it so that it will give me more minutes.

Samir says :

Ideally, it should not. I think there is some problems with your watch.

Whatever, you can press MOD ADJUST START/STOP to set it. There should not be any problem, if you follow this route.

You can also look into this user manual of Timex 1440 :

Suzy says :

how do i turn the alarm off for my 1440 timex sports watch?

Jules Li says :

There is a button that’s labeled “Start/Stop” in the upper right corner. Press this button and it should disable the alarm. You should use this same button to re-activate the alarm as well.

Joe Jackson says :

How do I change the date and time?

Jules Li says :

Hold the “mode” button until the hours start to flash. Press the mode button again and the “adjust” button to set the seconds. Press the “start/stop” button to select minutes. Use the “adjust” button again to change the minutes. You can use this same process to set the rest of the time and the date as well. Press the “mode” button when you’re finished.

Genghisjon says :

Never could get the time set.Threw it into the trash

Samir says :

Hi Genghisjob,

There is no need to throw out the watch, just because you can’t fix the time set. Guess, setting time, alarm and date are one of the basic features of any watch and hence it must be there in this watch also. Surprisingly, it is also quite easy. Here is some steps you are required to take:

Press MOD and you will find HOURS (This is where you will set ALARM), press again and you will find SECONDS (form here you can set the time. Easy, no?). Press ADJUST and set seconds to ZERO. Again Press START/STOP and you will find MINUTES. ADJUST minutes. Press START/STOP and you will find HOURS. ADJUST hours to the current time. And, here you go. You have set the time. Going ahead you can also fix AM/PM and DATE.

I hope you are still keeping this watch and find this reply useful enough to again use it. Do these steps two three times and you will find it easy to fix time. Practice makes a man perfect, as they say.

Nolan says :

re : In summary, I like this watch in certain situations for its utility, but I would not use it as an every day watch
    I disagree I have one and its awesome it deserves a 8

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 64610225020931/k2311a106/10.6.07