Westin Charlotte  » Hotels  »
Charlotte N. Carolina
  • One thing that I thought was kind of odd was that a bank and YMCA were attached to it
  • One thing that really impressed me was there were a couple of really good restaurants within about 5 minutes from the hotel
  • The restaurant that served breakfast opened kind of late and was not real convenient if you wanted to get up and leave early

• by arabgirl28

I am a visual type person one of the reasons that I stayed at the hotel was the way it looked when I drove past it. The place has a pale red granite as a facade. Then there are all kinds of neat statues on the property.

It is a nice hotel but nothing really special other than the outside. One thing that I thought was kind of odd was that a bank and YMCA were attached to it. What kind of combination is that? It has a small workout room and a regular pool and jacuzzi.

One

thing that really impressed me was there were a couple of really good restaurants within about 5 minutes from the hotel. The hotel itself had 2 restaurants which weren’t too bad. The restaurant that served breakfast opened kind of late and was not real convenient if you wanted to get up and leave early.

The room wasn’t all that impressive. It was large and really clean. The bathroom had enough towels for probably 6 people and there were only 2 of us. The carpeting looked used - kind of flat in areas. We had a king size bed with plenty ...

• of pillows. There was something in the room that kept making me sneeze. I don’t know what that was. The bed was a pillow top which was extremely comfortable. They color coordinated the rooms colors with the sheets, which was very pretty. I thought that was a nice touch. The bathroom had 2 sets of sinks - one in the bathroom and one in a small dressing room. The set of sinks in the dressing room dripped - drove me nuts. I don’t think I slept most of the night.

We spent time at the jacuzzi. The

button to start the jacuzzi wasn’t working and every time you wanted to turn the jacuzzi on you had to get out and get a person from the front desk to help you. It felt good to sit in there though.

One thing I did like was parking under the building. You never had to walk out in the wind or the rotten weather. That was clean too. Sometimes you never know what you find in a parking garage, but it was clean and it didn’t smell like someone had been urinating in a corner somewhere.

Wasn’t the best, wasn’t the worst.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2610224810831/k2311a106/10.6.07