Fentress county 4h club  » Other  »
  • I think I learned as much as they did just by watching
  • I have never had any experience with the 4H program so I was tickled that it was better than I thought and they work with the kids to teach them valuable skills such as cooking and raising animals which are things they do not teach in public schools any more

• by sadonna

My three kids decided to join our local chapter of 4H in Fentress county Tennessee this year as an extracurricular activity. I was amazed at how well organized they ran their meeting and some of the activities they did were unlike any I had seen.

They did this exercise

to teach leadership styles by letting the kids play with spaghetti noodles and mini marshmallows to build at structure out it in five minutes.

They selected one person per table and made them a leader then had them choose from democracy, dictator or a lazy style of government that ...

• basically did nothing.

Then they were to implement that style of leadership to get their members to help build a structure of their choice.

I was surprised at how much fun all the kids had with this exercise.

I think I learned as much as they did just by

watching.

I have never had any experience with the 4H program so I was tickled that it was better than I thought and they work with the kids to teach them valuable skills such as cooking and raising animals which are things they do not teach in public schools any more.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 12610224800831/k2311a106/10.6.07