Cambridge  » Travel  »
Massachusetts, USA
  • This is one of the best destinations that I have been to so far and something which I will cherish forever
  • Being her close friend, I decided to give her some moral support and went along with her
  • I noticed that in Cambridge, there were lots of sights and attractions to be found
  • After we took a rest and drink for a bit, we walked around 15 minutes again to Harvard Square since we wanted to experience the things there again
  • I really felt that Cambridge is filled with interesting people and I would definitely trade off my educational trips for a fun day around Cambridge

• by deadpoet

I have visited Cambridge, which is lcoated in Massachusetts before. I would say that this place has always been the home to Harvard University and it has been real fun. This is one of the best destinations that I have been to so far and something which I will cherish forever.

I went during the year 2003, with my close friend, Hana. Hana decided to bring me along for this exclusive trip, sponsored by her since she had been accepted to enrol in Harvard University and before she joined in the next 2 months at that time, she wanted to check out Cambridge. Being her close friend, I decided to give her some moral support and went along with her.

I noticed that in Cambridge, there were lots of sights

and attractions to be found. Harvard University is indeed the number 1 University to be found in the country and we managed to check out this place called Harvard Square. We know for a fact that it is also the home to the Massachusetts Institue of Technology.

There were lots of beautiful garden of flowers and stone that I saw but one thing that sort of turned me off was the graveyard. It was a bit of a scare to see some old cemeteries, but Hana and me continued on with our touring. We had gotten the help of her long-time friend who had been studying in Harvard too and she brought us for a drive around Cambridge.

Amongst some places that we had been to would be the museums, which consisted ...

• of Peabody Museum and also Oxford St. Museum. There were lots of things on display like zoology and geology. Other than that, we strolled along Harvard Yard, where we saw some children there playing. After we took a rest and drink for a bit, we walked around 15 minutes again to Harvard Square since we wanted to experience the things there again.

There were many things that one could do in Harvard Square. For instance, we went to check out some bookstores where there were lots of first rate poetry and lots of commercial books and second hand ones. The varieties were truly amazing and we were looking at a large collection of books. Other than that, we tend to stay away from the cemeteries and it

was funnily ironic how Hana\’s 2nd year student friend were also having goose bumps when we saw the cemeteries.

Apart from all these, we enjoyed watching some street performers still on the Harvard Square and the day appeared to be very sunny and warm. I ate an ice-cream, which melted very easily, ha! The jugglers, balloon-makers and actors that I saw were really entertaining and there were lots of people clapping their hands.

As for food choices, we went to Bartley’s Burger Cottage and had some nic Vietnamese noodle soups in Pho Pasteur. The ice-cream that I had was from Toscanini, and I was told that it was a favorite Boston snack.

I really felt that Cambridge is filled with interesting people and I would definitely trade off my educational trips for a fun day around Cambridge.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 38410224140831/k2311a104/10.4.07