Luxor Hotel  » Casino  »
Las Vegas, Nevada
  • The Luxor was really a good experience for all of us
  • We had gotten some amazing discounts on the hotel and I thought that was pretty interesting
  • I was kind of disappointed to find that my room did not have that great a view and it felt so eerily quiet at times
  • As for the shower facilities, I found them to be very nice and definitely better than some other hotels I have stayed in Vegas
  • I thought that they would just ignore my request but they said that as a complimentary treat, we were given more discounts, which was great, considering a stay in The Luxor Hotel could range on a price of $700+ per night

• by deadpoet

I went to The Luxor Hotel twice and for this review, I would relate on my visit that I had been in the year of 2006 with my whole family and my aunt’s as well. This is a very nice hotel with lots of good staff. The theme in this hotel at that time was a very different one from normal hotels that could be found and it is locted on the strip, which was good for us.

The Luxor was really a good experience for all of us. It was like being in a Western cum Middle East hotel and everything was nice. We had gotten some amazing discounts on the hotel and I thought that was pretty interesting. Firstly, we arrived at the concierge and the lady briefed us through the

hotel and what was available. After we were clear, we were given card access to our rooms and I became impatient to really checked out the rooms. We had gotten some pyramid rooms but I discovered that the rooms did not have tubs and showers. That was kind of weird but alright for us. There was a Starbucks outlet and we had to walk past it and the pool area to get to our rooms. However, our rooms were located inconveniently at the end of the hall. I was kind of disappointed to find that my room did not have that great a view and it felt so eerily quiet at times. But I suppose being in Vegas and having some quiet times were a different feeling altogether, so I ...

• made do with the extra serenity.

As for the shower facilities, I found them to be very nice and definitely better than some other hotels I have stayed in Vegas. The fresh towels even had lovely patterns on it and smelled nice. If you know Nefertiti, there was a nice picture of her and it was kind of haunting to look at it for long, ha! The nice sandstone was of a nice tiled color and added the more zest to the Egyptian decor. But I was having problems with the bed and I called in the concierge. I thought that they would just ignore my request but they said that as a complimentary treat, we were given more discounts, which was great, considering a stay in The Luxor Hotel could range on

a price of $700+ per night.

As for buffet spreads in the hotel, it was not that spectacular and it was those buffet spreads that I had been getting from other hotels as well. Perhaps I was putting too big an expectation on this hotel and found myself to have little disappointments. But I was very happy with the pool area which was very impressive with some nice statues and clean water. My dad made use of the business center facilities and he said that staff there were all very nice.

I definitely had a very good experience staying in Luxor, but I suppose too much of an expectations and some remotely located rooms sort of dimished my mood a little. But this hotel is still a great one for me. Try it, if you want.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 48410224110831/k2311a104/10.4.07