Old Fort Harrod State Park  » Travel  »
Kentucky, USA
  • This place is full of historical facts and certainly was very interesting and educational for me
  • However, I still consider it to be a great place, loaded with lots of nice history
  • There was even extended fort hours during evenings and I love the picnic area and playground so much
  • Tables were everywhere and the playground is located near to the picnic shelter, which was very convenient
  • I noticed that Old Fort Harrod State Park is a popular travel destination and I am proud to say that I have been to this place before

• by deadpoet

I have very fond memories for when I visited Old Fort Harrod State Park, in Kentucky. This place is full of historical facts and certainly was very interesting and educational for me. The cons would be that I find that the town appears to be very small and there are not many dining and shopping options to explore. However, I still consider it to be a great place, loaded with lots of nice history.

There was even extended fort hours during evenings and I love the picnic area and playground so much. Tables were everywhere and the playground is located

near to the picnic shelter, which was very convenient. Other than that, I managed to check out the Kentucky Travel Planer and found that there were other attractions to near the Old Fort Harrod. I managed to visit the grounds of the state park which were the Mansion Museum, Lincoln Marriage Temple and the George Rogers Clark Memorial. There were also lots of paintings and artifacts that I managed to see and compile in my head.

Not only that, the hotel that I stayed at, if I am not mistaken was an inn and there were lots of nice things in the inn that made it accessible for the journey to and fro towards the Old Fort Harrod State Park. Even the rooms in the inn were done up to be very Shaker-inspired and the fact that there were village tours, riverboat and craft stores made it a nice inkling to Old Fort Harrod State Park.

I saw that the craftspeople were done up in period costumes and it was notably known that it portrayed Kentucky’s early pioneers that lived there before. I learned that blacksmithing and dollmaking were amongst the crafts last time. One thing that I love about ...

• Old Fort Harrod State Park
      visiting to other countries, states and the likes would be the amount of knowledge that I would gather. I feel that life is a continuous journey and we should fill ourselves with knowledge the whole way through.

Old Fort Harrod State Park is something that I could gain that from and I came to appreciate how other people’s fore-fathers managed to make a living once and to be thankful that I have everything that I could possibly need in this era.

The best place to me would be the Danville and this is home to the first post office where I noticed

a lot of old-school items were on display. It certainly looked unique to me and I also saw the first college there. Next to that, if I am not mistaken, is the Appalachian Mountains and the views were spectacular. The hills were of rolling ones and there were lots of native limestone fences and also antiques on display that a lot of other peole explored too.

I noticed that Old Fort Harrod State Park is a popular travel destination and I am proud to say that I have been to this place before. I might bring my children to this place someday.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 38410223970831/k2311a104/10.4.07