Hawaii Volcanoes National Park  » Travel  »
Hawaii
  • Hawaii Volcanoes National Park is an interesting park that I have been to with my family
  • There were lots of people lining up and the films were amazing
  • I love the Jagger Museum and the Hawaii Volcano Observatory
  • Last but not least, I think that Hawaii Volcanoes National Park has really opened my eyes to another of God's creations, and I truly appreciate it

• by deadpoet

Hawaii Volcanoes National Park is an interesting park that I have been to with my family. We made our way there from Hilo International Airport, which was more closer in distance to the park.

There was a hotel that was built right near the rim of the volcano crater and I felt that to be a crazy and awesome idea. My whole family toyed with the idea of staying in this hotel and contemplated it for a good 10 minutes before we decided to make it our lodging for 2 days or so.

Hawaii Volcanoes National Park is a place of natural beauty and I have lots of admiration for it. It depends on how you look at it, really. As for me, I felt that the stories that

the hotel tour guide told us about some years back where visitors could witness eruptions from the hotel window was very disturbing but really evoked a curiosity in me. As a traveler, I felt myself asking that question a lot of times like would I be crazily witnessing that and all. But fortunately, I didn’t have to.

We explored the park and as a matter of fact, everything seemed pretty quiet. There was a Visitor Center that my family went and we went to watch some short films about the park, which was on a periodic turn. There were lots of people lining up and the films were amazing. There was this particular smelly road called the Sulfur Banks or something. You can easily skip going to this ...

• place if you want. After going through the smelly road, I saw some left-jover steam vents as though there had been 1000 over people smoking at one shot. Okay, maybe I am exaggerating about being about the number. But that was what I really saw and my brother pointed to the steam cloud that had been generated by the ground water. Now, my science is not that good and so my eldest brother explained the theoretical parts of it. It was such that the ground water would come into contact with the hot lava and that caused the steam.

I love the Jagger Museum and the Hawaii Volcano Observatory. The museum had lots of exhibits and it took a while to take everything in. I saw a

nice hike across this particular rough terrain and I couldn’t imagine if something were to happen to anyone there.

If you had watched Terminator 2 or 3 (I can’t remember which), wherey Arnold was stranded in the backdrop of this erupting volcano place, you would get my rough idea of Hawaii Volcanoes National Park. Of course I might be exaggerating again, but you can’t blame the paranoid me, ha!

It would be fun to get the chance to drive the area around, but I couldn’t find a rental car at all. And furthermore, my mom was really opposed to the idea since she was scared out of her wits. Last but not least, I think that Hawaii Volcanoes National Park has really opened my eyes to another of God’s creations, and I truly appreciate it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 38410223950831/k2311a104/10.4.07