Nassau  » Travel  »
Bahamas
  • It might sound to you, but I really love going to remote islands and places and just checking things out
  • Nassau is in Bahamas and is a very interesting place that I have been to
  • This is one of the best Caribbean travel destinations that I enjoyed doing with him
  • I love basic snorkeling and just let me tell you that the views were truly awesome
  • Shopping wise, we were brought to a particular straw market and you should really buy things here, if not you will totally regret it

• by deadpoet

I have been to Nassau for around 2-3 times and have been staying in some nice resorts there before. It might sound to you, but I really love going to remote islands and places and just checking things out.

Nassau is in Bahamas and is a very interesting place that I have been to. It is a place full of historical facts, and not to mention the place is very beautiful with lots of shopping places to explore. As for entertainment wise, I find Nassau the perfect place as well and the sea-water there and beaches are truly great.

I would relate the experiences that I have been to Nassau with my boyfriend. Yes, my dearest boyfriend that has always been through thick and thin with

me. Even through good and bad traveling times. This is one of the best Caribbean travel destinations that I enjoyed doing with him. First off, we checked into this particular awesome resort and then after resting for a bit we went to explore and get to know Nassau more.

I went to the Stingray City, which I suppose I would write in my upcoming reviews for all of you to read. So, basically in Stingray City, we went to snorkel and just snorkel away. I love basic snorkeling and just let me tell you that the views were truly awesome. You can opt for a cruise ride to Nassau and from there you can explore just like I did.

I would say that coming by cruise ...

• to Nassau has recently been given some added security. You need a photo ID or something and from there, you can start to enjoy your holiday destination. We managed to visit the smaller pier skirts in downtown Nassau and it was just within a walking distance from our cruise ship. We stayed in a resort there in Nassau since we would want to get back home by flight and not by cruise. As for the museum there, it was included in our tour package and I would say that the museum was quite nice and had lots of nice exhibits.

We were also brought to Fincastle and there were lots of wonderful views in terms of the environment and water. I saw some people walking through and other

tour groups as well. Basically, the stops were quite frequent and short. But I really enjoyed them so much. And there was this particular place called Fort Charlotte that I really would love to go but there was an admission fee and most of us in the tour group opted that one out.

The best part that I enjoyed would be the Cable Beach. Here, the water was truly lovely and there were lots of great and amazing views. Shopping wise, we were brought to a particular straw market and you should really buy things here, if not you will totally regret it.

Last but not least, I enjoyed bargaining with the vendors to get a good price and I love just walking and wandering around Nassau, in Bahamas.

Carla Rossouw says :

I see this and i wonder if she was even there? All im reading is how much she loves her boyfriend. now if the review was about her boyfriend… but its not.

Expatgirl says :

I’ve been to most of the Caribbean island for work but i did have the opportunity to go around and explore. when it comes to Nassau, although it is a worldwide known destination, It is one of my least favorite. Then again, just like everything it is all about what you are looking for in your vacation. Nassau it is well known for its sourvenir shops, bars, white sand beaches and huge resorts, if you are interested in strolling looking for souvenirs to bring back to your friend and family and then enjoy a drink then it will be a great place for you if you like to lay down and do sunbathing while sipping on a nice cocktail, sure it is the place or you, do you like huge resorts and can afford them ? do go to Nassau, there are other “extra” activities, once you go out of the main street ( hiking, trekking etc) but if you are not that kind of outdoorsy person and dont like souvenir shopping then I would suggest to look for another vacation spot.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 38210223260831/k2311a102/10.2.07