Athens Vet Service  » Pets  »
Athens Wisconsin
  • When my horses have been treated I know things will happen and my horses health will change for the better
  • I like the dark haired Margaret and my horses like her
  • Our one dog Timber had jaw problems and she worked on an infection he had until she had the problem under control
  • I don't think he does a lot with the small animals

• by arabgirl28

This is really a full service veterinarian’s office. There are 6 vets there. 3 women and 3 men. There is only one vet who I don’t really care for. Most of the vets are kind of animal specific. The 2 Margarets are horse vets, Melissa does dogs, Paul is general and owns the place, Tom does cows and horses and the new guy does cows and horses. They are really thorough doing their examinations and they will consult each other. You know the two or heads are better than one thing. When my horses have been treated I know things will happen and my horses health will change for the better.

I like the dark haired Margaret and my horses like her.

She is so gentle and good with them. She plays with them and they relax there - is never any confrontational behavior or acting out. The red haired Margaret is good too, but not quite as good as Margaret with the dark hair.

Dr. Melissa works with the dogs. Our one dog Timber had jaw problems and she worked on an infection he had until she had the problem under control. He was getting TMJ and was having a hard time opening up his mouth. Dr. Melissa worked on Timber until she found something that worked and now Timber is back to normal. Dr. Paul is just a nice man and I like him - he is also a very good vet. I don’t think he does ...

• a lot with the small animals. He has worked on my horses and my horses like him too, but not as much as dark haired Margaret. Dr. Tom I have had only once, but really don’t care for him. I don’t really know why, but I feel he doesn’t compare to the rest of the vets. Just intuition maybe.

The receptionists are always so nice. They are willing to help and make you happy. The office is nice and big. When you walk through the door there is plenty of seating and room for the animals to run around if need be. They have 2 stalls in the back for horses and stocks for them to stand in for treatment. The place is always,

always clean. There is plenty of reading material if you are waiting, all animal health related. I like walking into a place that doesn’t seem so sterile - this place is more welcoming and almost child oriented. The animals are all called by name and the vet techs play with them and so do the receptionists. Timber is very popular the the Athens Clinic, because “he is a very good patient”!!!! My arab geldings are also considered “very good patients”. I am so proud of them, makes me feel like I have done the right thing!!!

Their payment schedule also allows me to pay my bills on a regular interval instead of paying all at once. Sometime that creates a financial bind when you don’t have the money available.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 29210223240831/k2311a102/10.2.07