The Dead Zone  » Movies  »
1.5
  • I like Christopher Walken but he just doesn't have a wide range of emotions and, at times, his character wasn't very believable
  • The movie also hacks apart the book, leaving out some of the best parts

• by Steve

OK, is there a movie Christopher Walken doesn�t have a role in? Though, I have to admit, it was a bit strange seeing him actually be the star rather than have a supporting role.

Last night was the first time I had a chance to watch this movie from

the early 80s and, while I did have some hopes for the movie since I read Stephen King’s book, I have to say I was bored out of my mind.

Walken plays a young man who is in an accident that puts him in a coma for 5 years.

• When he wakes up, he has psychic abilities that allow him to witness both past events and future events just by touching someone’s hand. His powers allow him to help solve a murder and prevent a young boy from drowning but they also slowly drive him insane.

I like

Christopher Walken but he just doesn’t have a wide range of emotions and, at times, his character wasn’t very believable. The movie also hacks apart the book, leaving out some of the best parts.

The Dead Zone is just not a movie I would feel comfortable recommending. It’s just not good enough.

The Dead Zone

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 11210223220831/k2311a102/10.2.07