Crowne Plaza San Francisco  » Hotels  »
1.0
San Francisco, California
  • But I did not have the best experiences at all here and felt that everything was beyond belief and had excessive surcharges everywhere
  • I felt that the hotel stay was definitely not worth the price and that there were bad staff in the hotel
  • First off, the minute my aunt and I went up to our hotel room, we noticed that everything was literally smaller and very depressing
  • In the end, I just ordered some light snacks and that was like the cost of a meal that I could get in an outside restaurant
  • Last but not least, I don't think that I will ever come to stay in Crowne Plaza Union Square again and I really felt that I could have a better option anytime

• by deadpoet

Right in the heart of San Francisco, California, there is this particular hotel called Crowne Plaza Union Square. I have been to this hotel with my aunt alone and we were there to do some shopping. But I did not have the best experiences at all here and felt that everything was beyond belief and had excessive surcharges everywhere.

I felt that the hotel stay was definitely not worth the price and that there were bad staff in the hotel. First off, the minute my aunt and I went up to our hotel room, we noticed that everything was literally smaller and very depressing. There were 2 basic beds that I would think a mid-child would have and the queen-sized beds did not look it at all. There was

nothing special to comment about the room and the beds felt even smaller when I slept in it. When I looked out through the window, In noticed that there were a few rusty pipes and that it certainly looked very uninteresting.

Later in the evening after resting for a bit, we decided to order some room service and was asked pretty rudely over the phone for our orders. Not only that, our order was sent around half an hour late and to top things off, the food was served cold. No kidding! I felt cheated and called in to complain about the condition of the food, and the wait. The person said sorry to us and then that was it. The next day, my aunt decided to eat ...

• at the hotel restaurant and it was the only restaurant in the hotel but everything was extremely expensive and there was no way that I could order. In the end, I just ordered some light snacks and that was like the cost of a meal that I could get in an outside restaurant. Besides that, the food was not that delicious and then we decided to get some outside food. Luckily, there were McDonald\’s and I was more than happy to stock up fast-food takeouts. As for the facilities, not much could be said about it and I forget to mention that the concierge staff, upon us coming at first, appeared to be very snobbish. I remember that we were not greeted at all and at the end of our
        stay, we were billed and without much explanation as to the details of the bill.

I felt that everything in Crowne Plaza Union Square was a joke and how come such a messy and not so nice hotel could be set amidst the heart of San Francisco. I think that the management had really done a bad job of managing things and personally, I think that the staff should all be sent for customer service training. As for other things, I felt that the room service menus could be listed for more and that there should be more less waiting time. Last but not least, I don’t think that I will ever come to stay in Crowne Plaza Union Square again and I really felt that I could have a better option anytime.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2110222520431/k2311a101/10.1.07