Avon (Mark) makeup  » Cosmetics  »
  • Once I actually got it, however, it wasn't quite as great as I thought it would be
  • So, while I do use face xpert very often, and it works well, I think I will go with one of the choices available in the regular Avon catalog

• by Heather

Mark’s face xpert makeup neutral colored make up that can be used as a concealer or as foundation. It’s wet make up that comes in a small cylinder container. When I saw it in the Mark catalog, I wanted to try it because it has a sponge applicator right in the cap of the bottle. That meant that there’d be no wedge applicator that I’d have to throw away when I was done

using it, like I had done with other types of concealer.

Once I actually got it, however, it wasn’t quite as great as I thought it would be. The sponge soaks up a lot of make up, and it’s hard to make it so there’s less on there. The sponge is very flexible and will not allow you to put make up back into the bottle, leaving way too much on the applicator. So ...

• you really can’t directly use just the sponge to apply it. I usually blot it on with the sponge and then spread it around with my fingers. If I used the sponge to apply it, it’d go on too thick, and it would feel like I was wearing a mask instead of make up.

This kind of make up is available in quite a few shades, so it is easy to find one that will

work with the color of your skin. However, the same shades are essentially also available in the regular Avon catalog for a much cheaper price. Basically when you buy this product over one of the regular Avon products, you are paying for the “Mark” name. So, while I do use face xpert very often, and it works well, I think I will go with one of the choices available in the regular Avon catalog.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 31110221980331/k2311a101/10.1.07