Partylite square votive candles
  • I was obsessed with candles at the time, so I decided to order some blue tamarind square votive candles
  • They were one of the cheaper items in the catalog, and I thought they would smell good
  • I don't know if all Partylite candles are that weak when lit, but I think I could candles for way cheaper that will smell much stronger
  • Either way, I wasn't too impressed with that

• by Heather

About a year ago, my friend held a Partylite party. If you haven’t heard of Partylite, it is a company that sells candles and candle accessories for a rather hefty price. I was obsessed with candles at the time, so I decided to order some blue tamarind square votive candles. They were one of the cheaper items in the catalog, and I thought they would smell good.

When they came, I could smell

them before I even opened the box. The smell reminded me a little bit of blue raspberry flavored candy, and it was very pleasant. I couldn’t wait to try them out. So, I lit a couple of them when I got back to my apartment. I didn’t notice too much of the smell coming from the candles when I lit them. I don’t know if all Partylite candles are that ...

• weak when lit, but I think I could candles for way cheaper that will smell much stronger.

One time, I left the candles lit for about half an hour, and I made the mistake of picking one of them up after I blew it out. The metal piece holding the wick fell through, and wax went all over my desk. I would think that at such an expensive price, the metal would stay

put on the candle. Or perhaps it was my mistake in picking up the candle so soon after lighting it. Either way, I wasn’t too impressed with that.

While i did really enjoy the smell the candles gave before they were lit, I think I am going to refrain from making any more Partylite purchases. I think I can find candles (and accessories) for much cheaper that I will be more satisfied with.

Jaime Williams says :

I find it strange that you say when you picked the candle up after 30 minutes the wick fell through and wax went everywhere…..the votives completely melt when lit so how did you pick up liquid? That`s one of the great things about them…they liquify into beautiful smelling pools of color.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 122809220900330/k2311a0928/9.28.07