Walmart/Target plastic dishes  » Housewares  »
  • I could even put them in the microwave, though, if you purchase any, I'd recommend watching it very closely to make sure they are still microwave safe
  • These dishes are well worth the little money they cost, and they are very nice for college students

• by Heather

When I was first going off to college, I went and stocked up on a bunch of plastic dishes from Walmart. They came in packs of four bowls and four glasses, each pack for $1. They were available at both Walmart and Target, and I have recently seen them at both stores. They are often up on the front of the store

or near the other dishes.

These dishes are awesome. They are pretty durable for cheap plastic. I was able to use them over and over, and they stayed in nice condition. I could even put them in the microwave, though, if you purchase any, I’d recommend watching it very closely to make sure they are still microwave safe. Another thing to note ...

• is that they say they are dishwasher safe, but I put them in the dishwasher, and the bowls flew around and the glasses turned over and filled with water. So it’s best to hand wash them.

Speaking of washing them, I was washing a bowl, and a piece of it broke off because of the pressure I was putting on it. But hey, what

can you expect for 25 cents a piece? This happened one year after I’d been regularly using the dishes. I could easily replace the bowl if I really wanted to.

These dishes are well worth the little money they cost, and they are very nice for college students… or for people who don’t do dishes often and want lots of bowls and glasses around.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 532809220850330/k2311a0928/9.28.07