True Match Super-Blendable Powder
  • Later in the day however, I noticed that the more powder I put on my face the darker my skin looked
  • I guess if it's my exact shade it wouldn't have that problem
  • It's not that convenient to use when you're on the go

• by viannee

I got this compact while I was looking for a substitute for my other pressed powder. This particular product caught my attention since it says to match any skintone. Now for somebody who has never found a foundation or powder shade that matched her skintone all her life, this looked like a good deal. I used the color guide to find a shade. I placed the color film on top of the back of my hand to see which color would blend with my skin color. It pointed me to W8 which is Creme Cafe. Bad

move! Later when I went back home would I realize that my face is naturally two shades lighter than the rest of my body. My friend pointed out that I should’ve “swatched” it on my jawline (what can I say? I was such a makeup newbie).

I tried it on anyway. I couldn’t return it ‘coz I was to leave overseas the next day. My observations? The powder went smoothly on my skin. It was finely milled. Although the powder was indeed a bit darker than my skintone it wasn’t noticeable. The powder on top of ...

• my moisturized skin covered most of my blemishes. It actually looked nice on me. Later in the day however, I noticed that the more powder I put on my face the darker my skin looked. It wasn’t exactly nice. I looked like I was under the sun for 4 hours. I guess if it’s my exact shade it wouldn’t have that problem.

The powder’s staying power was quite poor. My skin is very oily and when I dabbed a sheet of kleenex on my t-zone to blot the oil, some of the powder came off with the

oil.

The packaging was a bit flimsy and hard to use. On top is the pressed powder. Flip the case and open the bottom part to find the applicator and the mirror. It’s not that convenient to use when you’re on the go. As you have to keep opening and closing the two compartments to look at the mirror and to get more powder on to the applicator.

I wanted to buy the exact shade just to see how it would do but I’ve already found a better powder (which I will make another review of) that matches my skintone.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 312709220410130/k2311a0927/9.27.07