Bank of America  » Finance  »
0.5
  • But I tell you, their telephone, email, and live chat customer service is actually a disservice
  • I told her I would have been glad to accept it, but the woman I spoke with wanted me to go broke and starve
  • I sincerely hope the Devil has a special place for all who work at that bank

• by saturngoat

I used to think Bank of America was pretty darned good. They used to treat me right. But I tell you, their telephone, email, and live chat “customer service” is actually a disservice.

I took out a home equity loan on my homestead last year for the purpose of paying off my unsecured debt.

I’ve since been “let go” from my employer. And my mortgage is several months late.

Last week, I called their customer service department in an effort to get my credit card reinstated. I needed it so that I could buy gas. They wouldn’t let me, due to the unpaid debt I owe. But the lady I spoke with assured

me their advocacy people would speak with me and help find a way to make my payments less.

On Tuesday, their “advocacy” witch called. She practically told me to pay half of the debt at the end of this month and the other half by the end of next month. That’s $310 I don’t have. And I get paid a meager $97 a week, after taxes. Now, tell me please, how am I to pay $60 (phone bill), $50 (water and trash pickup), and $60+ (gas in the truck) each month and still pay the $310 that they’re asking? I became irate and hung up.

I tried emailing them, telling them in no uncertain terms what I ...

• thought. The “customer service” person who replied told me to “calm down” or I wouldn’t get any help.

Wednesday, another “customer service” rep calls. She tells me how I “declined” their advocacy help. I told her I would have been glad to accept it, but the woman I spoke with wanted me to go broke and starve. So she sends me to another “advocacy” woman.

Now this “advocacy” person told me that Bank of America has a 90 day plan, but that I’d pay more, roughly $452 a month, to be precise. I tried explaining my situation, but she wouldn’t listen. I became irate and hung up again.

Can’t these people understand that I’m out of

work and I only make $97 a week? Can’t they do simple math and TELL that I can’t afford ANY of their “deals”? And speaking of their “advocacy” program, why can’t they comprehend that every time I spoke with them, the payment went UP instead of DOWN?

Don’t do ANY business with Bank of America, if you want to maintain your sense of REALITY and your SANITY. They only hire idiots to “service” their customers.

As for myself, I’ve decided that my continued survival is more important than paying the mortgage. They can foreclose. I’ve told them as much. I sincerely hope the Devil has a special place for all who work at that bank.

Bank of America

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 422709220201230/k2311a0927/9.27.07