Antwerp  » Travel  »
Belgium
  • It is a trip that is less expensive than Brussels, I would say and that there were plenty to see and I was happy to feel that my whole family and I were not overwhelmed by the other tourists presence
  • Upon reaching to Antwerp, I noticed that everything was very attractive and it appeared to be very clean, with lots of friendly people around
  • As for the paintings in the museum, there were some 20th century art done by amazing Belgian artists and well represented
  • I know that for a fact since I had seen them on display before in some parts of America

• by deadpoet

Antwerp is in Belgium, and is a very nice travel destination that I have been to with my family. It is a trip that is less expensive than Brussels, I would say and that there were plenty to see and I was happy to feel that my whole family and I were not overwhelmed by the other tourists presence. As for cons wise, I felt that Antwerp is not something that I would go for in terms of world standard in the first place and the museums appeared to be smaller than the ones in Brussels. Here is my review.

We went to take a train-ride from Brussels Airport to Antwerp. It was listed as a 1 hour trip and the ride was okay. Upon reaching to

Antwerp, I noticed that everything was very attractive and it appeared to be very clean, with lots of friendly people around. We noticed that the Antwerp-Central Train station looked like it has been renovated or something. The train rides were not cheap and initially, we had some kind of difficulty trying to reach the terminal. There were names like Ghet, Ostend and I understand from some people that Ostend appears to be a beach resort. As for some extra information, should you want to visit Antwerp like I did, do take note that the Belgians speak French and they are always happy to be replying back should you address them politely. But one thing that my dad told me was that they sort of refer themselves ...

• as Dutch and I am not sure what that is so.

So, basically, we walked through this city and there are just lots of public transit should your legs get tired. We also went for this metro bus-tram like trip and it was nice. There were lots of construction going on the time that I was there with my family and we knew that there were more upgrades to be done.

As part of our tourist hot-spot, we went to check out this nice museum which is called the Fine Arts Museum or something. I couldn’t really remember the Belgian name and it was hard to memorize. As for the paintings in the museum, there were some 20th century art done by amazing Belgian artists and well

represented; I know that for a fact since I had seen them on display before in some parts of America.

But as I have said, the museums were pretty small compared to Brussels but I got bored after a while. We then proceeded to this big fashion and clothing museum which had some war stories and other useful arts. Everything about Antwerp in general is kind of historical and I wouldn’t say that I particularly adore everything on display. As for nice snacks, we had some sweet yeast dough balls that were fried in deep fat. That appeared to be very unhealthy but it was a nice treat.

Antwerp is nice, but wouldn’t score points in that sense for me. So, for that, I give it a 6.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 382309219740330/k2311a0923/9.23.07