300 (R, 2007) movie  » Movies  »
  • I thought they could have done better in casting his wife

• by Famous

I knew that I would like this film, even though I typically don’t get into fantasy psi-fi period films. However, the graphics and effects alone are great enough to warrant a viewing.

Anyway, the Battle of Thermopylae is expertly executed in this intense fantasy-like film.

King

Leonidas portrayed by Gerald Butler is a formidable character in the story.

I thought they could have done better in casting his wife.

Lena Headley did a decent job.

But I found her acting a bit too stodgy.

Visually however, Headley and Butler make a stunning ...

• pair on film.

But someone like Angelina Jolie, or even someone not as “beautiful” could have pulled it off.

There are obvious parallels to the Iraq war (Headley wanting to send more troops, similar to Bush)—For that reason alone, this film has been called “controversial.

” The story

has been told many different ways.

But this one is the most vivid, graphic, and intense.

I really loved the fighting scenes, and found myself gripping the seat, literally.

This is a definite film to keep in your collection if you like good stories told with an imaginitive flair.

Sorry, there are no related reviews at moment
    The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 112309219370230/k2311a0923/9.23.07