Pan’s Labyrinth (R, 2006) movie  » Movies  »
  • If you're one who does not like subtitled films, you will be disappointed

• by Famous

What a dark and magical film this is. I had heard things about this movie.

And as usual, I waited until the Oscar hype had died down before venturing out and renting it.

I am

certainly glad I did.

This story, placed in 1944 revolves around the fantasyworld of a young girl who has discovered that she is really an ethereal princess of some sort.

But before she can join her father (the king) and go “home” she must complete three daunting tasks.

What makes this film so magical is the absolutely brilliant merging of life-like circumstances (of that period) with the absolute whimsy of a pretend world.

...

• Pan's Labyrinth (R, 2006) movie
      The creatures and cinematography are dark and foreboding, yet simply breathtaking.

I was unable to tear myself away from this film, and found it as moving as I did magical.

If you’re one

who does not like subtitled films, you will be disappointed.

But if you’re the type who can get past the “reading” and really involve yourself in the story, you will find “Pan’s Labyrinth” just as fascinating as I did.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 112309219350230/k2311a0923/9.23.07