Jungle Jim’s Restaurant  » Restaurants  »
2.5
Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada
  • The other day while shopping in Dartmouth, I noticed that a Jungle Jim restaurant was advertising that two people could lunch for $11.98CDN, so my mother and I went to eat there
  • The meal was tasty, but the fish looked like a big battered fish stick, and I was disappointed with both the taste and the price

• by Melissa Glenn

I had eaten at a Jungle Jim’s Restaurant years ago when the restaurant chain was new, but had not been back in a long time, due to high prices. The other day while shopping in Dartmouth, I noticed that a Jungle Jim restaurant was advertising that two people could lunch for $11.98CDN, so my mother and I went to eat there.

To begin with the lunch time advertising

was a little deceptive. There were five choices or meals that would bring the total to $11.98, what wasn’t stated were that soft drinks or coffee, like we had were an extra charge.

My mother and I chose the fish and chips, again deceptive. We actually got one piece of battered fish each, and a great pile of French fries. Both the fish and the chips were obviously ...

• pre-frozen as my fish was still a little cold in the middle despite being deep fried. The meal was tasty, but the fish looked like a big battered fish stick, and I was disappointed with both the taste and the price.

With coffee, and the 15 percent sales tax, this lunch came out at over $18CDN and was not a good deal at all. If I am looking

for fish and chips again, I will go somewhere where I actually get more than one piece of fish, and a lot less French fries for this amount of money.

Jungle Jim’s has a catch fun atmosphere. The booths were comfortable and pleasant to sit at and the server was very polite and fun. It’s just the food that isn’t that good in taste or value, which is unfortunate.

Jungle Jim's Restaurant

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 72309219240230/k2311a0923/9.23.07