Stouffer’s Lean Cuisine Shrimp  » Food  »
2.0
  • One night I needed a fast nutritious meal, so I bought a Lean Cuisine dinner
  • I thought this would be one terrific meal

• by Melissa Glenn

One night I needed a fast nutritious meal, so I bought a Lean Cuisine dinner. I’ve bought other Stouffer’s Lean Cuisine meals and usually had good results and taste I had high hopes for the Shrimp in a Creamy Seafood Sauce Meal.

Stouffer’s does some jazzy packaging. The shrimp dinner on the box showed big succulent shrimp in noodles with some julienne carrots, red peppers, noodles and spices. Even better this

dinner only had 5 grams of fat and 310 calories.

I had the choice of either putting this frozen dinner in the oven for 35 minutes or microwaving it on high for 4 minutes, I chose microwaving, in hindsight I should not have done. When I took the meal out of the packaging and mixed the sauce over the noodles shrimp and vegetables, it looked exactly like it did on the ...

• packaging. I thought this would be one terrific meal.

I was to be extremely disappointed. Yes, the noodles and vegetables were good, and the creamy seafood sauce is delightful, what was not delightful were the raw shrimp! Microwaving Stouffer’s Lean Cuisine Shrimp in a Creamy Seafood Sauce meal did NOT cook the shrimp, they were still raw and rubbery and disgusting.

When you get a frozen meal like this, you assume everything

is already pre-cooked and that either putting it in the oven or microwaving it is simply a matter of defrosting. Nowhere on the packaging did it say that the shrimp were not pre-cooked and I question putting un-cooked seafood in with cooked noodles and vegetables. I ended up throwing this meal away, and while I will still buy other Lean Cuisine dinners I will not buy one with seafood again!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 272309219200230/k2311a0923/9.23.07