Golden Tulip Hotel Ghana
Ghana
  • I felt very confortable in my orner room but the place was below my expectation

• by Fred k. Fianu

The Golden Tulip hotel was a well well known four star hotel which is situated in the heart of Accra, about two kilometres from the main Airport. I was very astonished at the environment which depicts the cultural and African arts,during my first visit to the place to hold a three-day conference.

Having entered the reception area or the front desk area which was well decorated with a beautiful flower garden and sculptures, I was received by a smrt looking lady receptionist who asked me to wait for direction to the conference room. I sat the front desk area for almost one hour while she was chatting on the telephone. I have to call her attention before she

directed me to the meeting place. Although she apologises for her behaviour, I was diasppointed for waitng for a long time. The porter who was supposed to lead me to the conference centre only directyed me to the place with the excuse that he was attending to a guest at the second floor. I missed my way and have to ask some of the cleaners before getting to know the conference hall. When I got there the conference had started for about thirty minutes but I tried to adjust to the topic under discussion.

The conferene hall looks very spaciouse with all the mordern gadgets for conferencing. During lunch break we all truoped to the restaurant for our meals.

• I requested for a local pepper soup called \’aponkye nkakra\’, to my suprise it was served ,it very tasteful and deliciouse but the peppe is too much for me. The meals are mostly different varieties of rice dishes with some meat and fishes to much, We had our lunch in a cool and cozy atmosphere while a cool jazz music was blowing from the hidden speakers at the background. The restaurant was decorated with the portraits of African arts and sculptures placed at the corners, thus providing a fresh viewing for those who love African arts.

I retied into my corner room after the first meeting, room no-18, on the first fllor. I felt very confortable in my orner room

but the place was below my expectation. It looks very small and portable; it might be for single guest. Having been graded as a four star hotel I expect to see and feel good professional serverces from staff apart from thie presentable looks and cozy environment. The responds of the hotel staff to customers have to be improved because I have experiemce two bad services throughout my stay in the hotel for three days. The first is the un-nescessary delays at the reception and poor response to directions and room services. Apart from that, the hotel rooms, the total environment and the reception area look very clean and presentable befitting the status of a four star hotel.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 22309218930130/k2311a0923/9.23.07