Opel astra
  • I started using opel Astra quite recently and the initial problem I encounted wasa exactly the changing of the gear to the reverse direction
  • The astra is widely used for private and commercial purposes because of its reasonable fuel consumption and mentainance cost in Ghana

• by Fred k. Fianu

Opel omega, Opel kadet and Opel vectra are many opel cars munufactured by the German Opel company. The Opel Astra is the latest model which is mostly used in Ghana after the vectra and the kadet. Opel cars are very economical because the spare parts are always available and very cheap, comparable to other vehicles such as the Nissan and Toyota.

I started using opel Astra quite recently and the initial problem I encounted wasa exactly the changing of the gear to the reverse direction. I did not know that with the opel cars, changing of

the gear to reverse is not difficult but just a matter of raising the gear liver and rather pushing it forward after pressing the clutch of the car fully. I did not know that changing of pel gear to the reverse direction is quite diferent, so when I attempted to drive the the Astra, I was a little confused , I held the gear liver very firmly and pushed it backward, but it did not respond. I did it for five times, but to no avil. I got irritated and thought the gear is at ...

• fault. Unknowingly, I called the mechanic to examine the gear only to be told to raise the gear and push it forward while pressing the clutch fully. I did it and suddenly the car stated moving steadly at the reverse direction.

I was very excited and started asking myself why should the gear of opel cars be designed in that direction? Well; the designer knows the best technology, probably it is their style of mode which forms part of product diferentiation from other vehicles.

After that I became used to the vehicle but the initial shivering

and fear of changing the gear was eroded while riding the car throughout my rounds. The capacity of opel Astra was quite lighter and very dangerouse when I am driving at a maximum speed of 120 km per hour. The level of confortability and strength cannot be over-ephansized with opel cars . The astra is widely used for private and commercial purposes because of its reasonable fuel consumption and mentainance cost in Ghana. The under suspension and shock absorbers of the vehicle have to be strengthened to withstand rough roads and pot-holes in Ghana.

Opel astra

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 92309218920130/k2311a0923/9.23.07