Jacquot Truffles
  • I bought a small box of Jacquot Truffles yesterday
  • Unfortunately, I was in for a disappointment
  • I am saying damaged, not ruined, because I still ate it and enjoyed it
  • Even after melting together the truffles preserved their delicious taste

• by Frederick

I bought a small box of Jacquot Truffles yesterday. Imported from France, these were supposed to be good! I couldn’t wait to get home and try them.

Unfortunately, I was in for a disappointment: when I opened the nice golden box and the protective pouch inside,

instead of truffles I saw one big blob of chocolate.

Yes, they had all melted at some point, and then solidified again.

My guess is that it had happened during transportation.

The makers of this chocolate did warn that it needs to be stored at cool ...

• temperatures, 55 to 60 degrees.

To me, that means it has to be transported in a refrigerator, not regular truck, and sit in the cool department of the store, not on a regular shelf.

Obviously, this was not done, and the chocolate was damaged.

I am saying

“damaged,” not “ruined,” because I still ate it and enjoyed it.

Even after melting together the truffles preserved their delicious taste.

Soft chewy chocolate was excellent.

I would buy Jacquot Truffles again if I could find them at a store that knows how to handle them.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 272309218870130/k2311a0923/9.23.07