Chicago travel  » Travel  »
Illinois
  • Last July, three of my friends and I decided to take a little road trip to Chicago
  • Our experience driving around the city was not very good
  • If we would have had more time though, I think we could have found more attractions and had a better time, because it mostly just seemed like tons of tall buildings to me

• by Heather

Last July, three of my friends and I decided to take a little road trip to Chicago. We got a hotel for one night outside the city (Best Western). We were there for a concert put on by the band Nine Days, but we also decided to explore the city a little.

Our experience driving around the city was not very good. Compared to where we live, the drivers were a bit braver and

a bit less afraid to use their horns. Also, the roads were arranged in a way that we weren’t used to, in that they would turn into turn lanes all of the sudden. So, if you plan on going to Chicago, I would say to take a taxi around, you’ll be able to enjoy the city a lot more.

We saw a couple of the attractions, like Lake Michigan and Sears Tower. We took ...

• the sky deck tour of Sears Tower, which was expensive but exciting. If we would have had more time though, I think we could have found more attractions and had a better time, because it mostly just seemed like tons of tall buildings to me. So another bit of advice I have to anyone planning to go to Chicago is to research the city in advance and find out what is there and how
        to get there. And, you should plan to bring lots of money with because parking your car or taking a taxi can get pretty expensive.

Overall, the trip there wasn’t too bad. I would maybe go there again if I researched the city a little better and was more prepared for the trip. I’ll give it a 6/10, but I think if I were to go there again, more prepared, it’d be a little higher.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 382309218780130/k2311a0923/9.23.07