Bumble Bee Tuna  » Food  »
  • This is by far the best canned tuna fish I have ever purchased

• by Diane H

This is by far the best canned tuna fish I have ever purchased. It’s on the expensive side — the can I have is stamped $1.98, but I’m sure I didn’t pay that much. You can often get it on sale for $1.00 to $1.25 a

can, which isn’t exactly cheap, but it’s not outrageous. And it is excellent!

I buy the water-packed kind (I suppose there is an oil-pack version, although I’ve never really looked). It has large pieces of tuna, attractive and tasty. It has almost no “tinned can taste” to ...

• it. It makes a lovely, fresh-tasting tuna fish sandwich (what I usually use it for, after filching a few pieces out of the can to taste), and would also be particularly good in a salad (the kind with greens) since it is such an attractive tuna.

This

is much better than either Starkist or Chicken of the Sea White Albacore. (Bumble Bee also makes a Chunk White Tuna, which is less expensive than the Solid, and which I like to use in things like tuna casseroles, where you want a little more tuna-y flavor.)

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 272209218291130/k2311a0922/9.22.07