Purity Instant Oatmeal
0.5
  • Mind you, I never was a paste-eater, even as a child, but I did taste it once to see what it tasted like

• by Diane H

I bought this oatmeal in a dollar store. After all, it was just oatmeal, right? I mean, how bad can instant oatmeal be?

Well, I found out. Oatmeal can be very, very bad. It can taste pretty much like paste. Like very bad paste. Mind you, I never was a

paste-eater, even as a child, but I did taste it once to see what it tasted like. It was way better than this oatmeal.

Purity Oatmeal is a thick, sticky, pasty mess. It has no flavor, so you can’t really say it tastes bad, I guess. But it has a revolting ...

• texture. At first, you’re deceived. It just lies there in your mouth, flat and tasteless — a heavy, foreboding presence. You think that’s as bad as it’s going to get. Then you chew it.

As you chew it, it gets thicker. It gets stickier. It gets gummy — not really chewy,

you know (chewy would be good). It doesn’t really feel or taste like food.

I have a roommate who is willing to give this oatmeal a chance, as long as she can mix it with normal oatmeal. I admire her courage. I would certainly have thrown this away after the first taste.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 272209218281130/k2311a0922/9.22.07