Scrubbing Bubbles Automatic Shower Cleaning Kit  » Housewares  »
  • The unit is much louder than I thought it would be, although the actual time the unit takes to cycle through is shorter than I had thought (about 5 seconds)
  • Something else to consider is the strong cleanser scent of the product
  • Perhaps I am more sensitive to the ammonia-esque smell, but I would recommend keeping the bathroom well-ventilated after activating the Automatic Shower Cleaner
  • As far as it's cleaning ability, I think the shower cleaner does an average job
  • I have noticed some difference in the cleanliness of the shower, but I don't think it has cleaned any better than a good scrubbing would have

• by Laura M.

I recently purchased the Scrubbing Bubbles Automatic Shower Cleaning Kit for my tiled shower/tub. According to product instructions, it will keep a clean shower clean and will clean a dirty shower after two weeks of continual use. I had just moved into a new apartment, and while the shower was clean on the surface, there was some mildew on the grout between tiles.

Setting up the Scrubbing Bubbles Automatic Shower Cleaning Kit was a breeze– it took me all of 2 minutes, and was extremely easy to do. Mounting it on the shower head was also a piece of

cake with the included hardware.

The instructions advise users to activate the shower cleaner after you are finished with the shower. I pull up my bath mat to insure that the floor of the shower also gets cleaned. I simply press the button on the unit, and after 15 seconds of warning beeps, the shower cleaner gets to work spraying my shower with the cleaning formula. The unit is much louder than I thought it would be, although the actual time the unit takes to cycle through is shorter than I had thought (about 5 seconds).

• Because of this, I wouldn’t recommending using it early mornings or late evenings if you live in an apartment building with thin walls. Something else to consider is the strong cleanser scent of the product. I close the bathroom door while the Automatic Shower Cleaner is at work, and when I open it again, the smell is overpowering. Perhaps I am more sensitive to the ammonia-esque smell, but I would recommend keeping the bathroom well-ventilated after activating the Automatic Shower Cleaner.

Be advised, also, that you will have to regularly purchase replacement cleaner bottles for the Automatic

Shower Cleaner. I go through about one full bottle every 2 weeks. You cannot refill the bottles and you must purchase the brand-name cleaner to replace them.

As far as it’s cleaning ability, I think the shower cleaner does an average job. It’s been several weeks since I installed the cleaner, and I’ve used it every day, as directed. I have noticed some difference in the cleanliness of the shower, but I don’t think it has cleaned any better than a good scrubbing would have. However, for me, the convenience factor makes this product well worth the investment.

Scrubbing Bubbles Automatic Shower Cleaning Kit
    jerald says :

Are bubbles necessary to effectively clean items?

Jules Li says :

Jerald, I’m not sure I fully understand the question here. But, bubbles are necessary to effectively clean, considering that they originate from the cleaning solution that’s used.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 532009217990130/k2311a0920/9.20.07