Neti Pot  » Medicine  »
  • I purchased my Neti pot from a wellness store and the friendly cashier assured me she's never heard a complaint

• by Valerie Benko

I have been an allergy sufferer for over eight years and have been taking a daily allergy pill for almost as long. When I first heard about people using nasal cleansing pots to clean out their sinuses according to the traditional practice of Neti, I was more than skeptical. How could pouring warm salt

water from a tiny ceramic teapot up my nose help my allergies?

I purchased my Neti pot from a wellness store and the friendly cashier assured me she’s never heard a complaint. She explained the warm salt water flushes out any allergens or pollen collected in the sinuses and will even help eliminate mucous.

• The store even sold out of the pots after they appeared on Oprah.

Once home, I carefully read all the instructions twice. I then prepared my warm salt water solution and placing the tip of the Neti pot firmly in my nostril (it doesn’t actually go in) I poured away. It didn’t hurt but

my eyes did water a bit. My husband laughed. “It looks like a magic trick!” he exclaimed. I was thrilled that I could immediately breathe easier.

I use the Neti pot each night as part of my regular bedtime routine and my sinuses do feel much better. I guess you can call me a “pot” user.

Neti Pot

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 261909217730130/k2311a0919/9.19.07