Curacao  » Travel  »
Netherlands Antilles
  • I love the sandy beaches and isn't it amazing how most beaches in Caribeean have soft white sands and crystal clear sea-water
  • We stayed at this amazing Curacao hotel and the restaurants and nice stores were all within reach in the hotel that we stayed
  • The local cuisine was also delicious and I took some nice pictures with my siblings
  • If given the chance, I would love to come back again and experience the Dutch Caribbean lifestyle

• by missy

One of the most recent trips that I had been to with my siblings, consisting of my eldest and youngest brother and my younger sister - was a trip to Curacao and it is in Netherlands Antilles.

Everything in this place, from the people to the houses and the way of like appeared to be like in Holland. There was a certain Dutch influence since the area is under the Dutch Caribbean Islands. I love the sandy beaches and isn’t it amazing how most beaches in Caribeean have soft white sands and crystal clear sea-water? They are truly blessed, right? So, back to the review, my siblings and I went for some watersport activities and I saw that there were lots of tourists visiting.

The shopping appeared to be a first-hand type and the salespersons were all very polite and they had a good knowledge of English. The island itself lies in between Aruba and Bonaire and it is also near to Venezuela. Curacao is a long and thin island and I was told by the tourist guide that the area was created from lava emissions that had coral limestone to it.

We stayed at this amazing Curacao hotel and the restaurants and nice stores were all within reach in the hotel that we stayed. I would say that most restaurants there were excellent and had good taste. The local cuisine was also delicious and I took some nice pictures with my siblings. The rugged north coast appeared to be ...

• of our liking and our idea of backpacking was the right one. We didn’t feel threatened or scared at all since most people there were friendly. The hotel staff were nicer and they gave us extraordinary hotel services. They kept asking us if we needed anything and the room services were also great.

We visited this place which certainly had a Dutch influence to it. It is called Fort Amsterdam and the area was built in 1634, as the tour guide told us. THe area appeared to be of a hot tourist spot, with a nice Parliament house nearby. We managed to explore the Curacao Sea Aquarium as well and there were lots of tropical fishes and other types of reefs. There was even

a restricted marine area, which I dared not dive, but my daring and daredevil (as always) eldest brother went for the challenge and he was daring enough to swim with the rays and feed the sharks through a mesh. He made us promise not to tell our parents for fear that they would be so dead worried. We haven’t told our parents since. After that, we got out of the area and as recommended by the guide, we went to The Museum Kura Hulanda which was opened daily. I hae to say that Curacao is a real eye-opener for me and the standard of living there appears not to be so bad.

If given the chance, I would love to come back again and experience the Dutch Caribbean lifestyle.

Sorry, there are no related reviews at moment
    The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 381809217520730/k2311a0918/9.18.07