Sony CFD-S20CP  » Electronics  »
  • I bought the Sony CD Radio Cassette-Corder model number CFD-S20CP for $149CDN
  • The mega bass button option truly makes classic tracks sound amazing, almost like the band is in the same room with me
  • The only thing I don't like about it is that the CD lid is a little flimsy, and sometimes I have to press it down quite hard to keep it closed when I want to play a CD

• by Melissa Glenn

MSN Messenger (required to be logged into MSN Messenger)

I bought the Sony CD Radio Cassette-Corder model number CFD-S20CP for $149CDN. Basically this portable cassette/cd/mp3 player is a boom box, and I bought it due to the good Sony name and the fact that it can be used as both a plug in product and a battery operated one.

This Sony boom box has a stylish design. Dark blue in colour, you can play CD’s MP3′S and record to cassette. The speakers are about

eight inches in height and four inches in diameter and their oval design on the front of the stereo gives the boom box a ‘bug like’ appearance.

What I truly like about the Sony CD Radio Cassette-Corder is the incredible sound I get from such a small machine. The mega bass button option truly makes classic tracks sound amazing, almost like the band is in the same room with me. This stereo is easy to ...

• operate, you can program the CD component to listen to specific tracks from any one CD, or use the sleep function to make the CD player operate at a certain hour of the day.

The remote to the Sony music box is a good size, not to small and the buttons are easy to operate. This stereo is actually quite heavy for a portable boom box and weighs about ten pounds which surprised me. The

only thing I don’t like about it is that the CD lid is a little flimsy, and sometimes I have to press it down quite hard to keep it closed when I want to play a CD.

While more expensive than generic boom boxes, I truly believe in the Sony name and the quality of sound I get from this stereo. Whether recording or playing tapes, CD’s or MP3’s it is truly amazing and worth every penny spent.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 161809217240630/k2311a0918/9.18.07