Hampstead  » Travel  »
London, UK
  • Hampstead is in London and I have definitely been to this part of the road or place, whatever they call it
  • Now, there two sections that I love about this place and one is the Hampstead Garden Suburb, which appears to look very residential-area kind and then, Hampstead itslef where there are shops, nice and gorgeous parks, old stately houses and nice amazing historical places of interests featured
  • First off, we went to Kenwood Park, whereby I heard that it is one of the most famous parks in England and it is very interesting
  • I took a lot of nice and amazing pictures and during the evenings, I took my mom and aunt for a nice romantic walk
  • I truly recommend Hampstead to all of you wanting to visit London

• by missy

Hampstead is in London and I have definitely been to this part of the road or place, whatever they call it. Now, there two sections that I love about this place and one is the Hampstead Garden Suburb, which appears to look very residential-area kind and then, Hampstead itslef where there are shops, nice and gorgeous parks, old stately houses and nice amazing historical places of interests featured.

I went around the year 2001 with my family and aunt and we were staying in a posh London hotel and decided that Hampstead would be in one of our ‘conquer’ list of places to visit. First off, we went to Kenwood Park, whereby I heard that it is one of the most famous parks in England and it is very interesting. Kenwood itself has a nice and large mansion type of

building and there were some nice galleries of art and a lot of beautiful landscape gardens. As for the open air itself, I heard lots of nice, classical music with concerts by the lake. It was definitely interesting and my aunt wanted us to go swimming, but I declined not to be rude but it was so cold there in Hampstead area.

But I managed to watch my aunt swimming in the women’s only lake; (yes, there are separate lakes for men and women) and these lakes were surrounded by hedges and trees and definitely looked awesome. I took a lot of nice and amazing pictures and during the evenings, I took my mom and aunt for a nice romantic walk. My mom was actually pretty depressed before since my dad was kind of sick and we brought her for ...

• this London holiday to rest her mind and let down her guard. As for the underground station, there was even an area for shopping. My aunt and sister appeared to be more interested than the rest of us and it was a funny sight actually. We went to the high street where we checked out some nice shops, boutiques, cafes and pubs. However, most of the things there were pretty expensive and my aunt even changed more money. There were also lots of McDonalds around and there were lots of kids running around and London scene is not quite me but I kind of like it. I heard that there are lots of famous living people living in Hampstead but I am not sure who.

The next remaining days that we were in London, Hampstead, we kept

coming back to Kenwood House, the wonderful mansion that I have talked about since the main highlights that I love about it would be the library that was truly spectacular with a nice curve and painted ceiling. There were lots of Old Master paintings that was one of the reason why we went back for more . Amongst the Old Master paintings, I also managed to see a nice Rembrandt self-portrait. Awesome, really.

Last but not least, be sure to visit Flask Walk. I love this so much and it is actually a narrow area that were lined with old, charming shops. The area then broadened into a row of Regency houses and it was truly beautiful.

I truly recommend Hampstead to all of you wanting to visit London. A must visit; definitely top of the list for me.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 381809217180630/k2311a0918/9.18.07