Sharjah UAE  » Travel  »
United Arab Emirates, Middle East
  • Whatever it is, the best knowledge that I have gotten while I was there is that Sharjah is a definite fast-changing place with some rather interesting places to visit
  • I thought that since Dubai is geographically close to Sharjah, the trip was going to be pretty predictable
  • First off, the best part that I find really fascinating would be the downtown area
  • Now here, I noticed a very nice lagoon on the east side and this sort of divided the city
  • In short, Sharjah is a very amazing city and I suggest walking around during the early evenings to enjoy the sights and sounds

• by missy

Sharjah is located in United Arab Emirates in the Middle East and I have had the rare chance of going to this place early this year in February. I went with my parents only and we were on a 4 days trip to this place which is something like Dubai, but not quite like it. To be honest with you, I find Sharjah a bit less frenetic. But on the downside, Sharjah is not as cosmopolitan as Dubai though. Whatever it is, the best knowledge that I have gotten while I was there is that Sharjah is a definite fast-changing place with some rather interesting places to visit.

I thought that since Dubai is geographically close to Sharjah, the trip was going to be pretty predictable. But I was wrong. It turned out that Sharjah is more conservative than Dubai and I did not wear revealing

clothing as a form of respect. First off, the best part that I find really fascinating would be the downtown area. Now here, I noticed a very nice lagoon on the east side and this sort of divided the city. My parents and I went to check out the busy life there and it was especially notably busy in the evenings where a lot of locals were around to hang out and buy things since the afternoon area is always hot there.

We also went to the old Souk where descriptively, it is a palm-covered roof and tends to look pretty nice for me. We wandered there for a bit when my mom saw this nice place called the Heritage Area in Heritage District. So, my dad said that after lunch, we would go to this place and look for anything interesting there. As ...

• it turned out, The Heritage Area consisted of some nice museums and also a lot of poetry readings from Arabic writers. We went to a museum called The Islamic Museum and I think that my best experiences would be in this place since I learned a lot and love it so much. Although the weather was hot, none of us tend to complain since we did not really felt the heat, nice strangely enough.

In short, Sharjah is a very amazing city and I suggest walking around during the early evenings to enjoy the sights and sounds. The people I met there were all very nice and friendly and tend to seem quiet at first. But once you make a decent conversation, they will slowly open up and talk. My dad thought to explore Sharjah a bit more and if we ever felt bored, we could

just travel a bit down a few miles to reach Dubai and go shopping or something. But it seems that Sharjah is a magical place of its own, and I didn’t feel bored one bit at all. Even my mom, who seems to always be on the fussy side, agreed with me on most things there. It was like we were bonding nicely as a family and we find the Muslims there a very nice bunch.

Now, as for shopping wise, everything is sold there except for alcohol. That is against the Islamic law, and I certainly respect that. The best pat to know is that crime is very low there and freewheeling has never been more better. So, what are you waiting for? Come to Sharjah to explore the best shopping experience and a total new outlook on things from a different perspective.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 381809216920630/k2311a0918/9.18.07