The Night Listener  » Movies  »
  • Williams just isn't believable and, about half way through, I found myself not caring whether the child was real or not

• by Steve

I’m not really sure why but whenever Robin Williams is in a drama, I just can’t take him seriously. The Night Listener was the perfect example of this.

I made a serious effort

to watch this movie last night and, though I tried, I just couldn�t get into it. It should have been a good film. Williams plays a radio talk show host who befriends a sick child that might not really have existed and spends the entire movie trying to find out the answer to that.

What I found was the film was quite dull. Williams just ...

• The Night Listener
      isn’t believable and, about half way through, I found myself not caring whether the child was real or not. I just wanted it to end. I was even able to overlook the
      fact they ended it quite poorly just because it meant the movie was over.

If you want a good Robin Williams film, rent one of his comedies. Dramas like this one just don’t work.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 111709216640130/k2311a0917/9.17.07