Boracay  » Travel  »
0.5
Philippines
  • If you plan on visiting Boracay, stay at the expensive hotels, avoid secluded areas (as there have been rumors of rape) and don't do anything that might attract robbers

• by marissa

I have been to Boracay only once, and unlike most people who are excited about going there, I loath the place. The only reason I am writing this review is to make other people aware of what happens in Boracay. This place reminds me only of violence, and I can’t accept the fact that my fellow countrymen were the ones who committed the crime.

The small house we rented for our stay was robbed and a friend of mine was beat up. On our third and final night in Boracay,

we all decided to have a break from all the alcohol intake and just have some dinner and a few cocktails.

After dinner at 9:30, a guy friend said he needed to go back to the house to get something. He insisted on going alone, and we didn’t think that he would be in any danger since he was a rather bulky guy.

Come 11 pm he still wasn’t back, so our group decided to go back and rest because we had an early flight back to Manila the following ...

• day. When we got inside, the whole place was a mess.

Our clothes were scattered on the floor, and our friend was lying on the floor, bloody and unconscious. What should have been a glorious vacation became a nightmare.

We rushed him to the nearest clinic and was treated. Although there weren’t any broken bones, he had bruises on different parts of his body.

His sister talked to the police, but there was nothing they could do to catch the culprits. Oh well, what else is new with the local

policemen.

Nothing of much worth was stolen, a few jewelries, some electronic gadgets that we bought along for the trip, and some cash.

If you plan on visiting Boracay, stay at the expensive hotels, avoid secluded areas (as there have been rumors of rape) and don’t do anything that might attract robbers.

My friend’s wounds have healed, but his nose looks crooked now. We have all bought new ones to replace the items that were stolen; but Boracay left such a grave impression on us that we have feared going back there again.

Boracay

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 381709216391230/k2311a0917/9.17.07