Casio G-Shock Atomic Solar Watch  » Watches  »
  • Other than the usual features of a G-Shock, the other thing I love about it is the wrist band
  • I know a lot of people keep saying that it looks like it's made of cheap plastic, but hey its sweat proof
  • The clasp, though buckle type, is what I prefer over the other fold over clasps made from stainless steel

• by jay-l

I owned a 2nd generation Casio G-Shock, and more than a decade of use, it finally broke down. I loved that watch, because I could take it anywhere and not worry about getting it scratched.

I’m planning to have it fixed when I go to the States next year as the Casio technical support here can’t seem to figure out what’s wrong with the LCD.

For the time being, it’s stored in my closet, tuck away like a piece of treasure.

I am satisfied with the

G-Shock and so it was just natural for me to buy another to replace my old one.

When I saw it in the store, I knew it was the one for me.

Sporty, without the bulk, plenty of features that are great for an outdoorsy guy like me, digital LCD so you don’t have to rack for brain to figure out the time, stopwatch, alarm and a full calendar all viewable within the LCD with a backlight, date and day, very durable and rechargeable battery so ...

• you only make one purchase.

Other than the usual features of a G-Shock, the other thing I love about it is the wrist band.

I know a lot of people keep saying that it looks like it’s made of cheap plastic, but hey its sweat proof! It doesn’t smell nasty or rust even after hours of wearing it under the heat of the sun.

The clasp, though buckle type, is what I prefer over the other fold over clasps made from stainless steel.

I have another

watch that’s made of stainless steel and I hate how my body hair gets stuck between the cracks in the steel band.

I actually bought one that wouldn’t charge, so I had to return it to the store and they replaced it with a similar model, and I tested it around to see if it would recharge even under indoor lighting.

The first one they gave me would charge under sunlight but never under indoor lighting which would cause some problems in the future for me.

Nick D Avirro says :

One reviewer mentioned his 2nd generation atomic Casio G-Shock, solar. Would you please define 2nd generation? Also, do the solar watches charge under indoor lighting? Thank you for the opportunity to ask these questions I await your reply. Best regards, Nick

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 641709216281230/k2311a0917/9.17.07