Basic Instinct 2  » Movies  »
0.5
  • I purchased this disgusting excuse for filmmaking in a second-hand DVD sale
  • I loved the first movie, Basic Instinct, and knew that this one would probably not live up to the original

• by Famous

This movie was so unbelievably bad that I am ashamed to say that I own it in my movie collection. I purchased this disgusting excuse for filmmaking in a second-hand DVD sale. The movie has been sitting in my Netflix queue pretty much since it came out on DVD.

I wondered why I had not bumped it up

in my queue a while ago. I loved the first movie, Basic Instinct, and knew that this one would probably not live up to the original.

But I had no idea just how bad it would be. First of all Catherine Trammell (Sharon Stone) has lost much of her allure.

She looks like an older ...

• woman trying to look hot, and it’s not working. Sharon is already an attractive woman.

But her character in this film was so over-the-top with the fake seductiveness that the seduction scenes were laughable. I have the Unrated version.

And I couldn’t see how it couldn’t have just been rated R. The acting is deplorable.

And there is absolutely zero chemistry between Catherine and her lovers, unlike the first movie. If you like psychosexual thrillers, I would strongly advise you to forget that this movie was ever made.

In the meantime, I am going to see how I can get rid of this DVD and make at least 1/10th of a profit. Ugh.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 111709216091230/k2311a0917/9.17.07