Marriott Orlando  » Hotels  »
2.5
Orlando - Florida, USA
  • As for the food, they were truly awful and not delicious at all
  • I thought that my stay was going to be a positive one
  • As for the areas surrounding us, I noticed that there were some constructions going on and those took up much noise
  • As for breakfast, we ordered the breakfast-in-bed set and I was very disappointed that even the breakfast was not delicious at all
  • Whatever the reason is, I don't think that Marriott Orlando World Center Resort is a good place to be staying

• by missy

Marriott Orlando World Center Resort is a pretty resort from the outside and certainly massive. I have the chance to visit this place before with family and relatives and we stayed in this resort for our stay. We have been quite a few times to the Disney World and have a different opinion altogether compared to the resort.

Now, I find that the rooms in Marriott Orlando World Center Resort were pretty basic and appeared to be plain-looking. As for the food, they were truly awful and not delicious at all. It was expensive all around this resort and there was no quality at all. I thought that my stay was going to be a positive one; but it proved to be otherwise. First of all, there were around 2 beds for the

many rooms that we had booked. And there was not a single room that had double beds in it. We called in the concierge and they told us that those were the only rooms left available.

As for the areas surrounding us, I noticed that there were some constructions going on and those took up much noise. Sleeping at night was alright, but sleeping during the day was hazardous since the constructions were done mostly during the day. As for breakfast, we ordered the breakfast-in-bed set and I was very disappointed that even the breakfast was not delicious at all. I was thinking that the bowl of oatmeal and basic custard with some strawberries were truly disappointing.

As for the pool area, it was mostly crowded with people especially families with kids and swimming ...

• was kind of hard there. The cocktails were expensive, around close to $7 per drink. I don’t mind so much if the glass was large, but it was served in a small cup. For $7? No thank you. There was a Reggae band playing near the pool area and I guess that was the only nice thing at that area. There were chairs all along and people were so inconsiderate as to “book” the chairs with towels and so called reserving them. I felt that was truly irresponsible and not cool. We had a dreadful long and hot walk and certainly felt that the resort had a certain something lacking.

The most expensive would be the drinks and beverages, food, souvenirs, giving out tips a lot and also it was not worthwhile to

be getting left-overs at the breakfast buffet and everything else always appeared to be “fully-booked” or unavailable. I really think that something has to be done, but then the place did not lose customers, so why should they think of something, right? Good point, but with unsatisfied customers like me, one way or the other, the number of people going would decrease over time. Perhaps it is already decreasing now as I am writing.

Perhaps everything was so expensive from food to accommodations or perhaps the staff were over-worked and under-staffed. Whatever the reason is, I don’t think that Marriott Orlando World Center Resort is a good place to be staying. If you intend to come, do look for another resort close by as I didn’t really enjoy my stay in Marriott Orlando World Center Resort.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 21709216051230/k2311a0917/9.17.07